Monday, May 27, 2013

First Wine Bottles

This past weekend was my brother's wedding to his beautiful new bride! The wedding turned out wonderful- the rain held off, the food was delicious, no one had cold feet, and we danced all night long!

When it comes to giving wedding gifts, I am always conflicted. I usually find myself standing in the middle of a sea of pots, pans, & dishes frantically reading the couple's registery. Scanning it up and down trying to find that "memorable" yet "useful" gift.

Finally, I found some wine glasses and a pretty bamboo wine rack. I love wine, and I was pretty sure they liked wine too....(although, I know, I know it's not about me...but it's what I knew!). So know the question is...how do I make it memorable?

I had made this idea for a friend over a year ago...but I know my brother and his wife so well, this should be fun to mix someone unique ones which are personable to them. They are gifted bottles of wine which they are to open for special occasions which will happen throughout their first year together.

I headed to Trader Joes, which is my one-stop shop for great wine on a budget! It was a rare time where I had the store to myself so I enlisted the help of the two men behind the counter. They had a lot of fun with my idea and helped me pick out some great wines!



Wine 1: HoneyMoon

Forget the planning, forget the cake
You're off on adventures for goodness sake……………………………….
This time is for you to relax
And enjoy your new partner to the max
You can wait for midnight or start at noon
This wine is meant for your honeymoon!






Wine 2: Red Truck (First Car)

L & H only have one car at the moment but luckily for her, she is less than a mile from work so east to bike or walk...so this was unique to them. You could also use this wine for a roadtrip.


Finally- you don’t have to walk or bike to work!
Open this bottle and toast to all the opportunities this new car might bring











Wine 3: Goats in a Village (First Dinner Party)

Set out the china, crystal, flatware
Scatter some flowers here and there
Open your home and invite all your friends……………………………….
Laugh and enjoy until the night ends
Once the guests leave and its
gr0om& you
Share this wine while the dishes you do!



Wine 4: Pancake Cellars (First Burned Dinner)

My Brother's favorite meal is pancakes- so I instantly thought of him when I found this wine. 

What’s that smell in the
kitchen?
Just dinner burning…
No worries- open a bottle of wine and make some pancakes!



Wine 5: Deathly Beloved to thee be Red (First Anniversary) 
On your first anniversary you’ll
Wonder where the
time
has gone,
No longer are you
newlyweds,

Soon you’ll be pros.
The days have found you
In
good health and spirit,
Keep saying I
love you

One always needs to hear it.
Now
raise your glass to this date,
As the first, not the last.
And as you build your future,
Don’t ever forget the
past
.


Wine 6: Chateau Amour (First Home)

Finally your out of that apartment….
The day you've dreamed of is finally here

The future that surrounds you with hope and yet fear…………..

You've wanted so long
to finally plant roots,

So toast with this wine,
and kick off your boots!



Wine 7: Lazy Bones (First Day Off)


Work & work you’re tired and exhausted.

………………………………

Is that a cough or a slight fever?

Call in sick and spend the day with each other…

Open this bottle and relax!





Wine 8: First Fight

 
Love as you might,

You’ll have your first fight…

Drink this
wine,

While you
make up all night

No comments:

Post a Comment